To our Valued Clients,
As you all know, the health and safety of our clients, their families, and our employees is always our foremost concern. We understand that our clients represent one of the most at-risk populations for the COVID-19 virus. At this time, we are unaware of any caregiver being infected with this virus. We have been, and will continue to, monitor the condition of all our employees, and particularly our caregivers who are going into client homes, to be sure that we do not place caregivers in homes with clients if they are presenting with fever or other symptoms of the virus.
We have taken many measures with regard to our caregivers and employees, including the following:
- Requiring all caregivers and other employees to have a normal temperature and be symptom-free for at least 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medications, e.g., Tylenol, Motrin, cough suppressants) before going on shift;
- Reminding caregivers and other employees to employ correct hand-washing and other measures to prevent the spread of disease (this, of course is something they are trained to do at all times);
- Reminding caregivers and other employees to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands, and to only cough or sneeze in a tissue, and, to then throw that tissue in the trash;
- Requiring that our caregivers and other employees avoid close contact with other individuals who are sick;
- Requiring that our caregivers at high risk, according to CDC guidelines, remain off work as advised; and
- Implementing additional cleaning and disinfecting protocols while in client homes.
For the protection of everyone, we ask that any client or other family member with direct interaction with our caregivers or other employees, inform us immediately if:
- within the past 14 days, the client or family member who has direct interaction with our caregivers or other employees has traveled to any area for which the CDC issued a Level 3 or Level 2 Travel Warning (currently, that list includes China, Iran, South Korea, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, and Japan; see for a current list.
- within the past 14 days, the client or family member who has direct interaction with our caregivers or other employees has had close contact with someone who has been to those areas; or
- the client or family member who has direct interaction with our caregivers or other employees has been confirmed to have, or is being evaluated for COVID-19 infection.
As always, we remain happy to discuss any questions or concerns you might have about the care you or your family member is receiving. We are confident in our ability to continue to provide outstanding care to our clients through this unprecedented crisis.
Pioneer Homecare, Inc. Management